More space to lounge? We're on it! Alaska Airlines unveils major investment to expand and remodel popular Lounges in Seattle and Portland
"We love that our guests love our Lounges," said
A hefty amount of work will start soon at our Lounges to make the guest experience even better. As that happens, the initial planning and designing of our completely new Lounge locations gets underway with a targeted opening of 2025-26. Here's what's ahead this year alone at
- We're investing nearly
$7 millionfor Lounge upgrades in Seattlefor 2022-23.
- The first phase of work involves the
C Concourse Loungeand it's scheduled to begin in late spring or early summer. We're adding nearly 60 seats as the overall space grows by an additional 3,000 square feet as we convert neighboring offices. The Lounge will remain open during construction with little impact to guests.
- The second phase of renovations targets the Lounge in D Concourse – our first lounge location we opened more than 40 years ago and its first renovation in nearly 20 years. After the expanded space in
C Concourse Loungeopens, we're planning a six-month closure and total overhaul of the D Concourse Lounge. We're expanding seating by nearly 30%, adding new product features and giving the area better flow. This location will also receive a new bistro bar located near the lounge entrance, making it easier for guests to grab a hand-crafted espresso drink when they're in a hurry. It's set to reopen in early summer 2023.
- As part of the Port of
Seattle's C Concourse Expansion Project, the opening of an all-new, more than 20,000-square-foot Alaska Loungeis on the radar for 2026. It would eventually become the primary Lounge for our guests departing from C and D Concourses.
- We're investing nearly
$1.5 millionfor Lounge upgrades in Portlandfor 2022.
- We'll enlarge the Lounge by 1,000 square feet with an enclosed patio area that extends into Concourse
C. Withnew seating for 30 people, the total seating capacity will go to 100. Work begins in the spring and it's scheduled to be completed this summer. During the renovation, the current Lounge will remain open to guests.
- Now for something fun, different and super convenient. We're adding a temporary 'express lounge' at the newly-renovated Concourse B for our guests traveling through that section of the airport. The mini-lounge is scheduled to open in the summer with seating for up to 35 people near Gate B2, offering guests a selection of beverages and light snacks before their flights.
- The all-new Lounge is currently scheduled to open in the 2025-26 timeframe. It's expected to be more than 10,000 square feet – giving our guests a lot more elbow room.
"More and more of our members and guests are traveling again and they appreciate the experience of our Lounges," said
With oneworld and our additional airline partners, our guests can earn and redeem miles with our highly-acclaimed Mileage Plan program to fly on more than 20 oneworld and partner airlines all around the globe.
Safety remains our top priority on board our flights and inside our lounges. As part of our commitment to Next-Level Care, we've partnered with health safety experts to reopen our self-service buffet and we've adopted strict cleaning measures to ensure the comfort and safety of guests and employees.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/more-space-to-lounge-were-on-it-alaska-airlines-unveils-major-investment-to-expand-and-remodel-popular-lounges-in-seattle-and-portland-301478171.html
Media Relations (206) 304-0008 email@example.com