Director since 1999
Compensation and Leadership Development Committee (Chair)
• Business Leadership Expertise
• Experience with Planning, Operations, Engineering, and Safety/Regulatory Issues
Since 2000, Mr. Thompson has been president and CEO of Pacific Star Energy LLC, a private energy investment company in Alaska with partial ownership in the oil exploration firm Alaska Venture Capital Group. From 1998 to 2000, Mr. Thompson served as executive vice president of ARCO’s Asia Pacific oil and gas operating companies in Alaska, California, Indonesia, China and Singapore. Prior to that, he was president of ARCO Alaska, Inc., the parent company’s oil and gas producing division based in Anchorage, Alaska. He chairs the environmental, health, safety and social responsibility committee and serves on the governance and nominating and the audit committees of Coeur Mining Corporation, serves on the strategy planning committee and chairs the compensation committee at Tetra Tech, Inc., and serves on the compensation, chairs the governance and nominating, and also the hydrocarbon reserves committees, and serves as lead director at Pioneer Natural Resources Company.
Current Public Company Board Service:
• Pioneer Natural Resources Company (Lead Director)
• Tetra Tech, Inc.
• Coeur Mining Corporation
Current Non-Public Company Board Service:
• Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air and Virgin America (subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group)
• BS, Missouri University of Science and Technology