SEATTLE, July 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines today announced the roll out of a new seasonally-inspired Main Cabin food and beverage menu. Based on research and feedback from guests, the menu includes local ingredients paired with West Coast staples such as artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, berries, avocados, artisan breads and cage-free eggs. Main Cabin guests will also enjoy a rotating selection of craft beers starting today and an elevated wine program, which will be rolled out later this fall.
"We believe in offering our guests locally-inspired food options made with fresh and healthy ingredients," said Sangita Woerner, vice president of marketing at Alaska Airlines. "By drawing inspiration from the Pacific Northwest and California, we're building a consistent experience for guests across our fleet that brings to life our West Coast vibe."
New Main Cabin menu items are available for pre-order via the Alaska Airlines mobile app starting today, so guests can ensure their meal of choice will be reserved on their next flight. Currently, the pre-order feature is available on all Boeing aircraft, and will be coming to the Airbus and Embraer aircraft in early 2019.
The summer menu will be available from July 16 through Nov. 15 and features the following West Coast-inspired choices:
Breakfast (served on flights over three hours, departing between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.)
- Fresh Start Protein Platter includes Greek yogurt, almonds, seasonal fruit, Beecher's Flagship Cheese, a cage-free hard-boiled egg, pita and non-GMO turkey.
- Croissant Sandwich includes Applewood smoked bacon, cage-free hard-boiled eggs, greens and avocado mayo.
Lunch and Dinner (served on flights over three hours, departing between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.)
- Turkey Artichoke Baguette features tasty turkey on a baguette with artichoke spread and avocado mayo.
- Charge Up Protein Platter includes hummus, pita, Beecher's Flagship Cheese, all-natural grilled chicken, walnuts, a cage-free hard-boiled egg and seasonal fruit.
- West Coast Cobb Salad is comprised of mixed greens, rotisserie chicken, grilled asparagus, Applewood smoked bacon, crumbled Beecher's Flagship cheese, avocado, grape tomatoes and a bright lemon basil vinaigrette. Available on coast-to-coast and Hawaii flights only.
All Day (served on Boeing/Airbus flights over two hours and on Embraer flights over three hours departing between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.)
- Signature Fruit and Cheese Platter this guest favorite is being upgraded with an additional cracker, to optimize the cheese-to-cracker ratio, a top request of fliers. It features two wedges of hand-cut Beecher's Flagship Cheese, crafted in the heart of Seattle'sPike Place Market, along with two wedges of classic Tillamook sharp cheddar, and a slice of creamy Brie. Perfectly paired with five crisp Partners crackers, apples, grapes, and a decadent Seattle Chocolate truffle.
Craft Beers and Wine
Guests can sip the best from up-and-coming West Coast breweries starting today and beginning in the fall, a reimagined winemaker program will introduce guests to unique selections that regularly rotate. The seat back menu card will now feature IBUs (International Bitterness Units) with an explanation to help guests decide which beer to choose.
Craft beer offerings for the Summer menu include:
- Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (San Diego) – 70 IBU
- Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale (Petaluma, California) – 45 IBU
- Firestone Walker 805 Blonde Ale (Paso Robles, California) – 20 IBU
- Alaskan Brewing Kölsch (Juneau, Alaska) – 18 IBU
For our health-conscious guests, nutritional details will be available on Alaska mobile app as part of the pre-order functionality and will be coming soon to alaskaair.com and to the inflight entertainment portal (alaskawifi.com).
For the last year, Alaska has been reinventing the day-of-travel experience with free movies and free texting, new satellite Wi-Fi, an elevated First Class experience and the opening of our first reimagined Alaska Lounge at New York JFK airport. Aircraft cabin interiors will receive a facelift this Fall, with nearly half the mainline fleet expected to be retrofitted by the end of 2019.
To learn more about our new seasonal main cabin menu, visit http://blog.alaskaair.com/food-and-beverage/new-seasonal-menu/
Alaska Airlines and its regional partners fly 44 million guests a year to more than 115 destinations with an average of 1,200 daily flights across the United States and to Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica. With Alaska and Alaska Global Partners, guests can earn and redeem miles on flights to more than 900 destinations worldwide. Alaska Airlines ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Carriers in North America" in the J.D. Power North America Airline Satisfaction Study for 11 consecutive years from 2008 to 2018. Learn about Alaska's award-winning service at newsroom.alaskaair.com and blog.alaskaair.com. Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK).
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alaska-airlines-cooks-up-new-seasonal-menu-for-the-main-cabin-featuring-fresh-west-coast-inspired-ingredients-300680928.html
SOURCE Alaska Airlines
Media Relations, (206) 304-0008, email@example.com