James A. Beer
Director of Alaska Air Group since August 2017
Compensation and Leadership Development Committee (since August 2017)
Safety Committee (since August 2017)
• Financial Expertise
• Airline Industry Expertise
• Strategic Planning Experience
Mr. Beer has been executive vice president and chief financial officer for McKesson Corporation, a publicly traded company, since 2013. He was previously CFO at Symantec Corp. from 2006 to 2013. Prior to that, from 1991 to 2006, he held a number of management positions including CFO at AMR Corporation and American Airlines, AMR’s principle subsidiary. Mr. Beer serves on the Audit Committee of Change Healthcare Inc, one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S.
Current Public Company Board Service:
• Celesio AG (majority owned by McKesson Corporation)
Current Non-Public Company Board Service:
• Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air and Virgin America (subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group)
• Fore Scout Technologies, Inc.
• Change Healthcare Inc. (majority owned by McKesson Corporation)
• BS Aeronautical Engineering, Imperial College, London University
• MBA, Harvard Business School